Tuesday, March 29, 2016

NEEEEEWWWWW JEEEEEERRRRSSSSSEEEEEYYYY!


March 28, 2016

HELLO LOVELIES!

I made it...barely! Oh my word!

Sunday:
I got to attend the Provo City Center temple dedication which was awesome!! My song during sacrament meeting went really well! Today was such a bittersweet day. I asked my elders to give me a blessing to see me off, which was the BEST! I'm so proud of them and all they've been able to accomplish and I feel so blessed to have been surrounded by such worthy men. 

Monday:
TRAVEL TIME! Woke up at 4am. That was pretty dreadful! We got on the bus and then we were taken to the front runner. Yes ladies and gents, we had to carry 3 luggages through and off the train and then we had to also get on the tracks all the way down to the airport. It was insane. We had to form a gravy train...and be very fast...there were 20 people in our group. You can do the math. We got on the plane and boy was that a bumpy ride...it was so bumpy that  as we were landing in New Jersey I threw up. The throw up came out my mouth and nose...that was horrible! We got to Newark, New Jersey and met up with some of the missionaries. We sang called to serve and were given Book of Mormons and once we hit the chorus everyone started running and screaming. This is called Fear Buster we had to give away these books, which means talking to people. One of the people that I talked with that stood out to me was a man named Quinton. I saw him sitting by himself and told the companion who was with me that we should go talk to him. We asked him what he was doing in the cold and he said that he was thinking. That gave us the perfect set up. I can't remember what I said because the Holy Ghost took over at that point, but it made him cry. He said he would take the Book of Mormon and read it. If I had known the missionary ways, I would have asked for his number.  SO COOL! We got to stay at the mission president's home which was packed! Which reminds me, President told me that we didn't have enough Sisters to train all the new Spanish sisters and because I am the most fluent out of all the sisters he asked if for my first 12 weeks I could go English. I told him that would be alright...So as of right now I'm a Spanglish speaking missionary!

Tuesday:
My new companion is named Sister Hale. She is from Oakley, Idaho and is 7 out of 9 kids. She is seriously the greatest and sweetest lady! LOve her! Also today was my first day doing street contacting in my area which is called Scotch Plains, city of the drugs! Also my companion tried to kill me. I had no water and no food until about 9pm.

Wednesday:
We had to awesome door approaches that were totally led by the spirit! 

Thursday:
I also got to teach some spanish speakers english today which was awesome! The lady I was helping is from the D.R.

Friday:
It's our District leaders birthday tomorrow so we got him cake and ice cream, which was way fun!

Saturday:
We helped someone move and watched the Women's Conference! SOOOO good! The sisters and I also sang Behold the Great Redeemer Die.

Sunday:
I LOVE THE WARD! We also did some Easter Caroling as our door approach!

Sooooo sorry this is such a short message! Next week will be so much better and with loads of pictures!! Love you all! I invite you to take a christlike attribute that you feel like you can work on and do it!


Con Mucho Amor.

Hermana Arevalo (:

No comments:

Post a Comment