Tuesday, March 29, 2016


March 12, 2016

Hello lovelies!


First of all I want to apologize to those of you I didn't get to email last week! It was a crazy week! I love you all so much and appreciate the emails! Keep em' coming! 



Saturday:

This was probably the most chaotic day of the week only because for like 3 weeks, Hermana Virgin has been dealing with a terrible nerve problem in her foot. She was doing alright until Saturday night. She was in excruciating pain! She has really fair skin so that fact that she was paler than pale...I was freaking out! She is a strong cookie and doesn't normally cry...she was bawling her eyes out! Paramedics came rushing in and Elders Ah Sue and Wilson did too to give her a blessing which was incredible. I can't say it enough...I LOVE THE PRIESTHOOD! I feel so incredibly blessed to be surrounded by worthy priesthood holders who always have the power of God with them.



Sunday:

Two words...FAST. SUNDAY. I'm not gonna lie...this has by far been the longest day of my life...but it was worth it! We had loads of devotionals and the bearing of many testimonies! I loved being able to hear my zone share their testimonies about Jesus Christ and the love they have for him and how being in the mtc has blessed their lives. We also went to the temple one last time with DISTRICT A...I was happy yet so sad at the same time!



Monday:

One of the hardest days EVER! Saying goodbyes are seriously the worst, but that's okay! They will be out in the real world! Update on Hermana Peterson: She got called to the Travel Office and said she has a flight to Trinidad and has to be at the airport by 8pm. Soooo I didn't have a new companion after all! That's okay though, I would rather have her in Trinidad than still at the CCM. Something super hilarious that happened in class with Elder Esplin was this: We were working on creating conditional sentences for language and so it was his turn to stand up and says, "Si tuviera un perro como lo comeria?" I of course busted up laughing and asked him to please repeat his sentence. He looked so confused and then asked, "Dije algo malo?" So then I laughed harder and Hermana Avila asked, "What are you trying to say?" And then he says,"If I had a dog, how would I feed it?" And then we all roared with laughter and had to explain that what he actually asked was this: "If I had a dog, how would I eat it?" Seriously love that elder! 



Tuesday:

Today was our last lesson with Sergio...I was devastated. He has taught me so much during my time trying to teach him. Seriously my favorite investigator! This lesson was a little tougher, but it taught me to be bold and to listen more. Knowing that it's Tuesday...we got to perform Where Can I Turn For Peace. Gorgeous arrangement! We had Rafael E. Pino of the Seventy speak with us. He is literally the bomb.com! He is from Venezuela and therefore decided to give his talk in Spanish with a translator! QUE GENIAL! Us Spanish missionaries freaked the freak out! We were all over that business! My favorite quote from him was this, "Never think for one minute that the Lord isn't thinking about you." So so true!



Wednesday:

So I got to host again! LOVED IT! I met a Dominican elder who will be serving in Canada! I helped an Australian sister who is going to be serving in Tahiti. She will be learning French and Tahitian. CRAZY! The other sister I helped is from NEW JERSEY and she is going to Brazil! We also got a new District today! I was suppose to be super gringa with them but because I was so excited to meet them I just went ham with my normal Spanish! Hahaha! 



Thursday:

Today we had a conversation with our new investigator Hilda who has been with her husband for 13 years, but has never been married and wants to be baptized...she came to us today and asked us to help her know what to say to her husband because I invited her to bear her testimony to him to try and soften his heart about the whole situation. I think we were able to explain the how to well enough, but we will see how it went on Monday when we talk with the both of them. 



Friday:

We had our last TRC with Brian today which was somewhat hard because we feel like he's ready to be baptized, but he doesn't think so...we have taught him practically all of the lessons, but now it's up to him to see where he wants to go with this. We did some contacting practice today with Hermano Ah Sue which I'll admit was super hard. I guess I'm not that great at starting conversations...especially on buses...hahaha! So today was the first day that the new missionaries had gym! The sisters(3) and one of the Elders(Elder Cardwell) joined us! Elder Cardwell has some serious potential and I am so excited to see them all grow and progress in this beautiful game! Do you want to know the best part of today? I got my TRAVEL ITINERARY!! I can't believe I leave to New Jersey in 9 DAYS!!



We are literally down to one more full week in the CCM! These last 5 weeks have seriously flown by so quickly! Thank you all so much for your constant support and love! This week I invite you to pick a scripture of the week, memorize it, and share it with someone. I know that if you do so you will be blessed and someone else will be blessed too! 



Con mucho amor,



Hermana Arevalo (:
 
 Picture 1: Elder Wilson, Elder Ah Sue, Hermanita, and yours truly.
 Picture 2: Same peeps just more exciting!
 Picture 3: Hermanita, yours truly, Elder Stiles, and Elder Hammar( Swedish Slasher).

Picture 1: Hermanita, yours truly, Elder Walker, and Elder Christensen.
 
 Picture 3: My Zone.

Picture 2: Hermana Petersen, Hermana Baldwin, yours truly, and Hermanita.
 Picture 1: Hermana Keys and I love matching!

Picture 2: FLIGHT PLANS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment