Tuesday, March 29, 2016


March 19, 2016

Hello lovelies!


This week has been so bittersweet. I have grown to love my zone so very much and it's going to be very hard saying goodbye. I'm so excited...but goodbyes are not my forte. 



Any who, Saturday was great as usual! I got to go to the temple and do an endowment session! Also, one of our noobies won the spoon after only playing once before. His name is Elder Cardwell! What a sweetie! He is way skilled! My district and the sister district got to do a scavenger hunt just for fun! We had to do things like recite the first vision to a teacher, say 3 nice things about your teammates, and say a sentence using a certain form or tense. It was loads of fun and my team won!



Sunday:

I finally spoke in sacrament meeting! It was unexpected because they normally choose one sister and one elder, but they chose my companion Hermana Allen and myself. INSANE! She went first and then I went after her. It was funny because I said hijole in my talk...not a word typically used in a talk, but I'm full of surprises! Elder Cardwell and Elder Rosaschi afterwards came up to me and asked me if I spoke Spanish before and I was so tempted to say no to tease them, but I said yes and it was like a sigh of relief for them because they were shocked at how fast I spoke. Stephen B. Allen came and spoke to us again and as usual, he was killer! My favorite thing said during this devotional was the fact that Brother Allen asked Heavenly Father how he felt about his missionaries before coming to speak to us and this is what He said, I can't remember word for word, but along these lines: He is grateful for us and wants us to be careful and bring His children home.



Monday:

Sometimes my district and I have these moments where we speak in a gringa accent and then just laugh hysterically! I love these moments! We have started this thing where we take one of the lessons and then look at the sections and then go to each sub section of the sections in Preach My Gospel and write an inspired questions. It is sooooo much fun! I absolutely love it! We had our Law of Chastity lesson with Hilda and her husband Jorge Miguel, which was intense but hilarious at the same time! It was hilarious because the teacher that played her husband was Hermano Figueroa...we know him way too well to even take him seriously, but we did. It was a neat experience at the same time because we really felt God's love for their family and them as individuals.



Tuesday:

We did lots of contacting today...I feel so much better about it! We performed This is the Christ during the devotional which was killer! My favorite thing from this devotional was this: "Love is the main ingredient of the gospel of Jesus Christ." I wholeheartedly believe this. It was not only obedience, but pure love that allowed Christ to do all that He has done and continues to do for us all. Also, I will be singing a solo this Sunday during sacrament meeting! I'll let you know how it goes! I will be singing Lord, I Would Follow Thee.



Wednesday:

So I'm part of the sandwich club apparently and that means that if there isn't something on top of it like a chip, anyone else in the club is allowed to smash your sandwich. So that happened to me. I forgot to cover it for one second and Elder Cadwell got it! Que Divertido! I also won the spoon a second time! SUPER happy about that! The elders got to teach me as myself if I didn't have the gospel in my life. It was super cool and they know me so well that they opened up the lesson with a hymn. Adorable! 



Thursday:

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY! So we had our last skype trc with a member which was awesome! We wanted to talk about a Christlike attribute and I felt prompted to talk about patience before we even went to the skype call and we asked the member what she wanted to talk about and she said PATIENCE! 



Friday:

We had In-Field Orientation today, which was awesome because we got to see what our first day in the mission field will be like! I am so beyond excited and can't even explain it! 



Here's to DOS DIAS! I also invite you all to see how you can love someone more. That is something I've had to work on. It's hard, but absolutely worth it!



P.S. Elder Diaz found a scripture written in the men's stalls and it was this one: Jeremiah 4:19-21. Please check it out and let me know your thoughts!
 
 Picture 1: Hermana Avila and I! I'm gonna miss her!
Picture 2: Hermano Ostler/Sergio and my trio! We love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment